Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hii everyone and welcome to my blog!


My name is Viktoria (also I did not spell my name wrong because it is how Russian's spell it). I have a twin and we are both from Russia and are adopted. I am an elementary education major with a minor in psychology, but I am thinking of switching it to social work so that I can help children in need. I am a first year student and I am from Woburn. I graduated from Woburn High school in 2009 and will be graduating college in 2013. I played two sports which I still love. They are basketball and softball. When I was a sophomore in high school I tore my knee and have been out both sports for 3 years. I hope to become a successful teacher, as well as a social worker. Ever since I was little I have always loved children. I'd always be fascinated in what they were thinking. The biggest impact that had on me, to become a education major, was working with kids I work with now.

My love for kids began when I was little. I'd always see them and watch them, that's when I knew I wanted to do something for them. I think I knew that I always wanted to be teacher. It has always appealed to me because I'd get to work with kids more often. When I became a freshman in high school I def. knew that I wanted to be teacher. My guidance counselor always said I'd make a great one because I had a passion for children. I LOVED working with them. I love watching them grow up to become something more. The teachers that I had, always told me, "You will make an amazing teacher. I've never seen anyone who loved to work with kids as much as you do. You have a passion". This made me feel really good because they believed that I could make a difference in a child's life. I agree.

Since I was 16 years old, I have worked at an after school program. The ages range from 5-13. Right now I work in a group with 6-8 year old's. Although I love them to death, I love working with the older kids. I connect with all of these kids. I connect better with the older ones though. I have experienced a lot that they have and are going through. I feel as though I can give them so much more. That I can teach them to not be afraid to fall and make mistakes. They are so worried about what people think of them. They are so self-conscious and don't know what to do. What I have been through, I feel like I can help them through their struggles. I can help them to over come those obstacles. That is why I decided to work with 5th graders because they are at that point in life where they need guidance because they are going into a whole different world when they enter the 6th grade. I want them to be who they are and not change for anyone or anything.

School is a struggle but I am working hard to achieve my goals. I'm doing the best that I can. College is a whole different experience and so far I am enjoying every bit of it.

Along with school I work part time at an After School Program. I LOVE IT. I love the kids and I love the staff that are there. It is an amazing experience to work with these children. It has brought out the best in me. These kids help to see the real me. They are the reasons why I want to become a teacher.

Some of my favorite Education links are, No child left Behind, Left to Write, and and Suite 101

No comments:

Post a Comment